Cookies are files that are downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about a user’s or their computer’s browsing habits, depending on the information they contain and how you use your computer.
In addition, they improve your browsing experience by allowing the website to provide you with information that may be of interest to you based on your use of the website and its content.
If you do not want to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to delete them from your computer’s hard drive, block them, or be notified if they are installed. To continue without making changes to the cookie settings, simply continue on the website.
The cookies we use do not store any personal data or any information that can identify you unless you voluntarily register to use the services we provide or to receive information about promotions and content of interest.
3. Types and Purposes of Cookies
Cookies, depending on their duration, can be classified as:
- Session cookies: expire when the user closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies: expire when they have fulfilled their purpose (for example, keeping the user identified on the website and its services or when manually deleted).
Cookies, depending on their purpose, can be classified as follows:
- Performance cookies (technical and customization): This type of cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service each time you visit. For example, this includes volume settings for video or audio players and video playback speeds that are compatible with your browser.
- Registration cookies (technical and customization): Registration cookies are generated once the user has registered or subsequently opened their session, and are used to identify them in the services for the following purposes:
- Maintaining the user’s identification so that, if they close a service, the browser, or the computer, and later reenter the same service, they will still be identified, facilitating navigation without having to log in again. This functionality can be deleted if the user clicks the “log out” functionality, so that this cookie is deleted and the next time the user enters the service, they will have to log in to be identified.
- Verifying whether the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Analytics cookies: Each time a user visits a service, information on the website’s pages or an external provider’s tool (such as Google Analytics, Comscore, or similar, which may be added to this list if they vary from the current ones) is generated and stored as an analytical cookie on the user’s computer. This cookie, which is only generated during the visit, will be used on subsequent visits to the website’s services to anonymously identify the visitor. The main objectives pursued are:
- Allowing for the anonymous identification of browsing users through the cookie (identifying browsers and devices, not individuals) and therefore approximate counting of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Anonymously identifying the most visited content and therefore the most attractive to users.
- Determining whether the user accessing is new or a repeat visitor. Important: Unless the user decides to register for a service or content on the website, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that could identify them. These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes to optimize the user experience on the website.
- Third-party advertising cookies: In addition to the website’s own advertising managed within its content or services, it may offer its advertisers the option of serving ads through third parties (“AdServers”). Thus, these third parties may store cookies sent from the website’s content in users’ browsers, as well as access the data stored in them. The companies that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies.
4. How to Change Your Preferences, Block, or Delete Installed Cookies
You can change your cookie preferences at any time by clicking here. This will allow you to revisit the cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent immediately.
In addition, you can allow, block, or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of your browser. You can find information on how to do this for the most common browsers in the links included below:
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
However, please note that disabling some cookies may prevent or hinder navigation or the provision of the services offered on the website.